Tamron Sp 70-200mm F/2.8 Di Vc Usd
SP 70-200MM F/2.8 DI VC USD
SP 70-200MM F/2.8 DI VC USD
Telephoto Evolved. The next step.
SP (SUPER PERFORMANCE)
Only two letters - but what an impact they have on the results. SP stands for Super Performance and represents the high-performance lens class from Tamron. Our engineers were given a free hand in the design of these lenses and left no stone unturned to produce the optimal performance characteristics in each case. Take your camera to new frontiers - and pave the way for Super Performance.
HIGHER FUNCTION FOR GREAT PHOTOS
The apex of telephoto lenses in a compact package. SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD * with VC ( Vibration Compensation) image stabilization delivers leading-edge image quality in a body that’s smallest** in its class. Equipped with Tamron’s proprietary USD ( Ultrasonic Silent Drive) motor, this lens boasts a speedy autofocus so that you can capture that one decisive moment. For sports, journalism, fashion, weddings, or even landscapes, the 70-200mm will exceed your expectations every time. The Sony mount does not include VC, as Sony digital SLR bodies include image stabilization functionality. The Sony lens is designated as “SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di USD”.For high-speed telephoto zoom lenses for full-size SLR cameras, equipped with VC image stabilization and USD. Current as of October 2012. (Source: Tamron)
FOCAL LENGTH [MM]
MINIMUM OBJECT DISTANCE [M]
ANGLE OF VIEW
MAXIMUM MAGNIFICATION RATIO
DIAMETER X LENGTH [MM]
85.8 x 196.7
FILTER SIZE [MM]
DELIVERING LEADING-EDGE IMAGE QUALITY
The optical design of this lens uses a high-performance XLD (Extra Low Dispersion) element, which is manufactured out of a special glass with an extremely low refractive index. The refractive index describes the ability of the lens to split a light beam into its spectral colours.
The dispersive properties are even lower than standard LD lenses and are at a level similar to fluorite. The XLD lens in combination with the LD element delivers the highest contrast and brilliance. This effectively prevents the problem of chromatic aberration in telephoto photography and delivers a high level of sharpness even in the peripheral regions. The result is a lens that effectively compensates for axial chromatic aberration and magnification aberration throughout the entire zoom range and guarantees the highest resolution and brilliance for your pictures.
The Ultrasonic Silent Drive (USD) is Tamron's latest generation of autofocus motors. Thanks to the advanced motor technology and the newly developed software, the USD enables a fast, precise and almost silent photographic experience. There are few better options for capturing quick and dynamic subjects that arise in areas such as sports photography, fast cars or even wildlife photography.
VC IMAGE STABILIZATION (VIBRATION COMPENSATION)
The tried-and-tested Tamron VC Image Stabilizer (Vibration Compensation) ensures this lens delivers sharp and shake-free images. This means that the lens is also perfectly suited for hand-held photos and low-light conditions.
ADDITIONAL PRODUCT FEATURES
- Internal Focusing (IF) System: The extension length of the lens does not change during focussing and the close focussing distance is significantly reduced across the entire focusing range.
- Super Performance: Tamron's Super Performance series delivers a range of lenses that meet the highest standards.
- VC (Vibration Compensation: The VC Image Stabilizer delivers sharp and shake-free images, as well as a smooth viewfinder image.
- USD: Powerful ultrasonic motor for quick and dynamic subjects. It is extremely quiet, precise and allows manual control at any time.
- LD(Low Dispersion): Lens element for greater image sharpness and the correction of chromatic aberration.
- XLD (Extra Low Dispersion) Glass: A special glass with an extremely low colour dispersion index for the greatest level of sharpness and compensation of chromatic aberration.